Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Amedei Toscano Black 70%


Having spent an afternoon with a representative of the Italian chocolatier Amedei, and sampled some of their offerings, and later had the opportunity to revel in the experience that is the Venezuelan chocolate bar Chuao, I must say that I found this particular bar to be more sublime, making me raise my head to the ceiling as it melted on my mouth; I had to excuse myself for a few moments as I sampled this wonderful chocolate. Cecelia Tessieri has outdone herself. I am sure that Margot Silver-Dumas, said Amedei representative, has seen that before. Many times, perhaps. And, certainly, with the purchase of the large version of that sample, I could enjoy it even more. The cacao content is 70%. Its ingredient listing is short, cocoa mass, sugar, cocoa butter, lecithin as an emulsifier and vanilla. Certainly very similar listing to a lot of bars, whole different experience of chocolate.

How does it taste? Wonderful, sublime, deep and dark, intense, smooth chocolate (not for lovers of milk chocolate, certainly, so be warned). Despite its $9 price tag, I would definitely buy this bar again given the chance. And hope too for another chance to sample some of their offerings.

No comments: