Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Reed's Cherry Ginger Brew


As you all know, I like ginger, in its many forms, and a good Ginger Beer or Ginger Ale is one of them. This micro brewed Ginger Ale by the American company Reed's, bought recently at a local Health Food store, is better for you than the commercial sugar-oriented pops, the ingredients are carbonated water, fructose, fresh ginger root (22 grams fresh ginger per bottle), cherry juice from concentrate and spices; no preservatives, artificial flavour or colour. I found it to be refreshing and tasty, but not very gingery (despite its description of a strong ginger bite), perhaps I'm now used to far more ginger flavour, this was weak as to what I expected it to be. The combination of cherry and ginger was interesting and good, but I don't think that I would pay the $1.60 that I did (this was even the sale price).

No comments: