Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Numi Toasted Rice Green


I have tried the Japanese toasted rice and green tea blend, Gen Mai Cha, many times before, I liked the taste of the toasted rice combined with green tea, but was always disappointed by the quality of green tea that came with the more readily available offerings, usually they contained broken leaves and sticks; with the loose tea brands, I would end up eating the slightly nutty delicious brown rice, but I would have to pick out the sticks before I could enjoy the brown rice. I know that I could go to any Japanese store and purchase the more expensive selections, I've never got around to it, so I was intrigued by this offering from Numi Tea, a company I've bought lots of tea from. Organic Sencha green tea (a traditional Japanese green tea with needle-like leaves that are rolled, flattened and steamed and makes a very pale yellow-green tea) and organic toasted rice are the only ingredients in this tea, and, while I miss being able to eat the rice, the flavour is quite good and refreshing.

3 comments:

Bodysong said...

Hi Mike
you can buy Numi's loose version off their website www.numitea.com and then continue eating your rice.
cheers!

Mike said...

Well, thanks! I'll have to see if I can find their loose tea versions in stores too.

Anonymous said...

Recently I have seen good reviews on Toasted Rice Green Tea by Numi's at SustainLane http://www.sustainlane.com/reviews/toasted-rice-green-tea/ZTF9YVKMQ9IVYDOUOPZ3HFNIPLRU. Read some more interesting reviews on Numi's organic tea at http://www.sustainlane.com/reviews/tea/KF7MWLKPP97DN888727URYYTD8YO