Thursday, October 25, 2007

Lindt Creation Caramel


This new chocolate bar from Lindt, the first of three in this series (the third is orange), features a smooth truffle centre, with a creamy caramel coulis. The dark chocolate is the famous smooth dark chocolate that Lindt is famous for, with 70% cacao content. The ingredient listing, unlike other chocolate bars from Lindt, is quite long, cocoa mass, sugar, cocoa butter, cocoa powder, glucose syrup, lactose, invert sugar, sorbitol, soya lecithin, natural bourbon vanilla beans, barley malt extract, sorbic acid, natural and artificial flavours.



I must say I'm not a fan of these. Chewing them, I couldn't help but feel like I was chewing marshmallow. The caramel does not add anything to the smooth dark chocolate, it would have been better without it. Too, in reading the ingredient listing, I would not have chosen this bar, mostly for a lot of the ingredients, too much sugar.

No comments: