Sunday, October 15, 2006

Sicilian Aztec Chocolate


My best friend got this special chocolate from a co-worker of his, it is supposed to be made in the ancient style that the Aztecs used to make their chocolate, and comes from a Sicilian chocolate manufacturer. Well, I'm sure that the ancient Indians never made it into bars like this. The interesting aspects of this include that the chocolate is not conched, as the sugar crystals are easily visible in between the dark cocoa, and that it is spiced with pepper. I think that the pepper works well with the chocolate, I think that I am going to try some spicy chocolate recipes in the future. The bar itself was different in mouthfeel too, the chocolate was dry and a little crumbly, the sugar crystals gave it a little crunch, the pepper a good bite, but overall it worked.

No comments: