Monday, October 23, 2006

My second new gadget


I had bought this second gadget, the Ronco Rotisserie, from the Shopping Channel a couple of weeks ago, and had not been able to use it, as I had been very busy at work. This weekend, I decided to try and make my first rotisserie chicken, and even bought the whole chicken mid-week, so as to force my hand, so to speak. I had always been intrigued by this machine, as I thought that it would make a better meal than cooking in the oven. This particular chicken took about 55 minutes to make, and browned nicely, as you can see in the picture below. The meat turned out quite juicy, and you could some of the fat drip off of the chicken as it roasted. I was not pleased by it setting off one of my smoke alarms several times, I'm not sure whether it was smoke, which I couldn't really see, or the heat coming off of it, which also activates the alarm. There was very little cleanup, the parts cleaned off nicely in soap and water. Next, I'll try to make a pork roast, my favourite. And then combine that roasted pork with my panini grill, to make an excellent sandwich. Now, I'll just have to find a place for this, there's a lot of things fighting for the limited space.


No comments: