Monday, December 14, 2009

Verkade Hazelnoot


My boss had occasion to be in the Netherlands for a little while, and he kindly bought me a couple of large Dutch chocolate bars, one Dark and one Milk with Hazelnut. Verkade has been making chocolate since 1886; these bars were around everywhere he looked, so I would guess they are popular. This is a milk chocolate, as such the ingredient listing is not great, sugar, 25% hazelnuts, cocoa butter, whole milk powder, cocoa mass, soya lecithin and natural vanilla flavour. This is a Fair Trade product.



How does it taste? Fairly good; the hazelnuts are quite big and tasty and fresh. I find it sweet, but kind of a honey sweet. I'm intrigued as to whether there is a Dark Hazelnut or other nut version. If I were in the Netherlands, I think I would try this bar again.

No comments: