Thursday, December 31, 2009

Fairy's Tonic Kombucha Uplift


I recently had the opportunity to try one of the made in Toronto kombucha drinks from Fairy's Tonic, their no-added-flavour black tea-based Digestif, which I enjoyed. Being in The Big Carrot on the Danforth the other week, I found for sale this kombucha, which is a green tea-based kombucha with lemon. It is very similar to the kombucha flavour I prefer from Wonder Drink, their Himalaya, though the Himilaya has a stronger lemon flavour and has oolong tea rather than green tea. They are very similar in price (this one was about $7 for 500 mL, but you can get it cheaper directly from the source much cheaper, see her website). I would say that this is a very good drink, the better of the two from Fairy's Tonic, and something I could drink on a regular basis.

I'm still looking for the elderflower one, but this one is pretty good.

No comments: