Sunday, August 23, 2009

Theobroma Chocolat Banana Chunks


I've always liked the combination of banana and chocolate, especially in chocolate fondues. The Quebec, Canada chocolatier Theobroma Chocolat makes chocolate from natural and pure ingredients using sustainable agriculture; they use a variety of Trinaterio and Forasterio beans from Africa and South America; this bar is at 60% cacao content.The ingredient listing is good and short, cocoa mass, sugar cane, cocoa butter, banana and soy lecithin (all but the lecithin are organic).



How did it taste? This is by far my favourite of the Theobroma bars I have tasted. I thought that perhaps the banana would be crunchy, but it is fairly chewy and still with lots of banana taste, quite similar to the chocolate fondue flavour I was thinking of. The chocolate itself is good, smells good and snaps well. Despite its expensiveness, $2-3 for a 35 g bar, I would definitely buy this bar again.

No comments: