Saturday, March 07, 2009

Dove Extra Dark Chocolate


I had high hopes for this chocolate bar; the Dark version, while not bad, did not live up to its hype. Give it more cacao content (71% for this bar) and it should be better. No? While the ingredient listing is still not great, it does still contain milk ingredients, and it is better than the Dark version, as Dark Chocolate is the first ingredient (rather than sugar); cocoa mass, sugar, cocoa butter, milk ingredients, soy lecithin and flavour.



How did it taste? OK, the Dark version tasted better than this. This one didn't even seem more chocolate-y, despite the higher cacao content, and it definitely had a strong plastic-y feel to it as I bit into a square. I don't think that I would buy this bar again, and certainly not at the premium amount I find it priced at.

No comments: