Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Valor Dark Chocolate with Pear


I saw this new chocolate bar at Christmas from the Spanish chocolatier Valor, and couldn't buy it except as a package of four (too expensive at $16, even on sale, to try), so I was disappointed. Until recently, when I found it for sale individually. They have nice looking packaging. The cacao content of this bar is at 70%. The ingredient listing is long for a good quality chocolate bar, but still looks good; cocoa liquor, sugar, cocoa powder, cocoa butter, pear pulp (3%), apple, pineapple fiber, sodium alginate and calcium phosphate as thickeners, natural aroma and soybean lecithin as an emulsifier.



How did it taste? Well, I guess I could have waited longer. It is a good dark chocolate, and you can taste the pear fine, and pear and chocolate make a somewhat good combination, but ultimately it was only a good bar. I don't think that I would buy this bar again, and prefer other bars in Valor's offerings.

No comments: