Monday, March 03, 2008

President's Choice Twice the Fruit Strawberry Rhubarb


I love the combination of rhubarb and strawberry, the tartness of the rhubarb pairs wonderfully with the sweetness of the strawberry. Indeed, the rhubarb is harder to eat without it. The two come out about the same time of year as well, perhaps they are meant to be together. Most of the time I have it in pie form, strawberry-rhubarb pie is delicious. Too, I like it when made into jam, and now I see that President's Choice has come out with a new entry to their Twice the Fruits jam product line, Strawberry Rhubarb. And it tastes quite good, and brings back memories of pies I've enjoyed. The only thing I don't like about this jam, is that sugar is the first ingredient, I would have preferred to have fruit first. Not that there isn't lots of fruit, it's very thick with fruit pieces.

No comments: