Monday, September 24, 2007

Alprose Bittersweet with Hazelnuts


Having tried one other of the Swiss chocolate manufacturer Alprose's chocolate bars before, and having not had good luck, though I did manage to try another exact bar and it did taste good, I was hesitant in opening this selection, one of their Premium line in case it produced the same results. Thankfully, this bar looked good (likely it was the store where I bought it, they were selling chocolate past due), though it did not quite have an enticing chocolate scent when I smelled it, and, being bittersweet, it did not have the same good chocolate taste of the Dark version. So saying, the hazelnuts were whole, a good thing, and tasted pretty good. The bar left a good aftertaste in my mouth. Too, the ingredient listing is good, at 74% cacao content, with cocoa mass, sugar, hazelnuts (at 23%), cocoa butter, fat-reduced cocoa powder, sweet whey powder, butter (first time I have seen this ingredient in a chocolate bar), lecithin and vanillin. This was a birthday gift, and I will treat it as such, but I think that I would buy this bar again.

No comments: