Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Banana Oatmeal Cookies


I wanted to make some cookies for the Wedding Celebration, and had an extra banana, so I thought that I would try this recipe I had found long ago, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with banana. I made these wrong, I'll admit, I had the temperature set too low, as I had baked a cake previous to making these, I wondered why it took much longer than the recipe called for to make them brown. I don't know that I like them, they seemed very soft and stuck together too much, though they were tasty.

Banana Oatmeal Cookies
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbsp butter, very soft
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup mashed banana (1 small/medium)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups quick cooking oats
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chocolate chunks

Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.

In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter and the sugars. Beat in egg and banana, followed by the vanilla extract. Gradually, on low speed or by hand, add in the flour mixture. Stir in by hand the oats and chocolate.

Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet.

Bake for 11-14 minutes, until set and lightly browned.

Let cookies cool for about 5 minutes on the pan before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.

No comments: