Sunday, February 22, 2009

Crofter's Wild Blueberry Premium Spread


Like the other two I have tried, Blood Orange and Strawberry, this one has a good ingredient listing (organic wild blueberries, organic golden sugar (made from cane sugar), natural fruit pectin, ascorbic acid and citric acid) and features 1/3 less sugar than conventional jams, but I saved the best from Parry Sound, ON, for the last, because this one contains wild blueberries, my favourite fruit (while there is no indication of the origin of said wild blueberries, let me tell you that Ontario produces some of the finest blueberries of the wild kind, and I have eaten my fair share of them - though not enough, there's never enough).



Opening the bottle reveals the heady scent of those blueberries, and I was more than hopeful that they had done themselves proud with this blue offering. And it does taste good, the best of the three, though, for me, I can eat them as they are, straight off the bush, but this is another way of enjoying them.

No comments: