Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Chocolove Toffee & Almonds in Milk Chocolate


I have liked the other bars from Chocolove that I have tried, all so far falling well into the dark chocolate category, this is the first bar of theirs made from milk chocolate that I have tried. According to their website, this bar is supposed to be a throwback to the old-fashioned kind of chocolate bars, before concern over health risks and anti-oxidant levels took the fun out of chocolate, just done better (ie. with better ingredients). Certainly, their ingredient listing looks good for a milk chocolate bar, essentially just milk chocolate and toffee; all the ingredients are sugar, milk, cocoa liquor, cocoa butter, soy lecithin, vanilla, grade AA butter, sugar, almonds, soy lecithin and salt. The cacao content is at 33%.



How does it taste? Frankly, I can't taste the almonds at all in this bar, all I got was the taste of the toffee (it would have been better to have larger chunks of almonds). Too, it tasted sweet, melted in my hand (as you can see in the picture) and I couldn't help thinking that I like the new-fashioned dark chocolate bars far better. I don't think that I would buy this bar again.

No comments: