Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Chuao Chocolatier Caracas


I found several chocolate bars from the Carlsbad California chocolatier Chuao Chocolatier, they seem to have several unusual chocolate bars in their product line. I was intrigued too to see that they use cacao from Venezuela (hence the name of the bar, Caracas, which is the capitol of Venezuela!). This bar, with 60% cacao content, combines nuts and chocolate, specifically Californian hazelnuts, pistachios and almonds. The ingredient listing looks good, dark chocolate (made from cacao liquor, cacao butter, sugar, soy lecithin and vanilla), almonds, hazelnuts and pistachios. The packaging was different, it is like a sealed plastic bag, rather than the more common foil wrapper.



How does it taste? The nuts were whole, I'm pleased to see, and crunchy. The chocolate was dark and smooth, pretty good chocolate. I definitely tasted the hazelnuts, a little of the almonds; the pistachios were least present (I have grown to like pistachios and hope that I can one day properly taste the combination of chocolate and whole pistachios). I definitely think that I would buy this bar again, and am further intrigued at tasting any of their other offerings.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Pistachios and choclote. That sounds wonderful!