Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Brimfield's Fine Confections Dark Chocolate Almonds


I've enjoyed the US chocolatier Brimfield's Fine Confections Dark Ginger several times before. I wish I had a good source for their products, Winners or Home Sense seem to be hit or miss, leaning towards the miss, in availability. This is their Dark Chocolate Almonds offering. The cacao content is at 70%. The ingredient listing is okay (the dark chocolate is good, as is the almonds; the rest not so much), dark chocolate (made from chocolate liquor, sugar, cocoa butter, soy lecithin and vanilla), almonds (roasted in cottonseed oil), shellac (confectioner's glaze), gum Arabic and corn syrup.



How does it taste? The dark chocolate is good and similar to the ginger one. The almonds are crunchy and tasty. Overall, I prefer their ginger still, but this one would be good as well. My beautiful Bride likes them.

No comments: