Monday, February 08, 2010

Ecuacocao Alteza Dark Chocolate Ecuador


I like chocolate from Ecuadorean cacao beans, so I was intrigued as to this offering from Ecuacocoa, as it's been hit or miss for me for chocolate bars from there. This is different than those I have previously tried, as, like El Rey in Venezuela, Ecuacacao is an Ecuadorean company using their national "Arriba Flavour" cacao beans. This is a Dark chocolate, at 65% cacao content. The ingredient listing is good, cocoa liquor, sugar, cocoa butter, lecithin and vainillin (how they spell it in Spanish countries).



How does it taste? Really good, fruity, and it smells fairly good. It snaps well. Overall, a very good chocolate bar, and one I would purchase again (and would like to see more in their line). Cost me about $3 from a Health Food store.

No comments: