Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Dolfin Noir au Gingembre Frais


The Belgian chocolatier Dolfin makes a number of different chocolate bars with fresh and perhaps unusual ingredients (I've seen one with Rose, there are others with lavender, orange blossoms, lemongrass and ylang-ylang); this one has fresh ginger in it. I bought this at a German delicatessen. The cacao content is at 52%. The ingredient listing looks good, cocoa mass, sugar, cocoa butter, fresh ginger, natural vanilla and soya lecithin.



How does it taste? I can see that there are smallish ginger pieces there, and the ginger flavour is not as strong as the Green&Black's Ginger I so like (okay, perhaps I like very strong ginger flavour, but even my beautiful Bride did not get that it had ginger in it), it also suffers a little from an underlying chalky texture. The bar snaps well and smells a little ginger-y. Overall, I would say that this bar is okay, and not one I would buy again.

No comments: