Sunday, May 03, 2009

Fuze Vitalize Blackberry Grape


The idea of vitamin-enhanced water and juice is relatively new, I've seen a few products out there, and in mainstream advertising. This product from Fuze is a fruit juice (with apple, grape and raspberry juice, and pear puree) with the addition of Vitamin A, C and E, Potassium, Calcium and Magnesium. What I find interesting, is that the recommended dose is one bottle per day, and that you should not exceed one bottle per day (I guess because then you would exceed the daily requirements? I can't think of any other reason). The Blackberry, which is first in the name of this juice, likely comes from the natural flavour (combined with its close relative, the raspberry? I guess you can't get much juice out of blackberries?). This is sweetened with fructose, rather than glucose-fructose. I could see the potential use of this product for those not taking, or not wanting to take, vitamins already. Anyhow, this juice tastes kind of chalky, the grape is more predominant than the blackberry, and I didn't keel over because of the extra vitamins above my normal regimen.

No comments: