Sunday, May 24, 2009

Breyers Double Churn Banana Cream Pie Ice Cream


I admit to one (well, one of several) indulgence, that is banana cream pie, which I usually find and consume in Chinese Buffet restaraunts (oddly enough); there usually is coconut cream pie, also good, and chocolate cream pie, but it's the banana one that I like the best. This is the one that you find in the freezer section in most supermarkets, made by McCain. The pie is often in that semi-frozen state when you eat it. So, when I saw the new flavour from Breyers, Banana Cream pie, with a swirl of graham cracker crumbs (like the McCain banana cream pie has for its pie shell) and a swirl of cream (like the whipped cream the McCain banana cream pie has), I knew I had to try it. And, it does taste like the pie that I indulge in, though it also has the ice cream taste. The graham cracker crumbs are an odd mouthfeel for an ice cream. Overall, this was interesting and good, but, like the pie it represents, I would eat this only very occasionally.



2 comments:

Valynala said...

I went looking for more of this ice cream since I fell in love with the flavor late last year. Unfortunately, now that I'm pregnant and absolutely crave anything banana flavored, they discontinued it. I never thought I would pout over an ice cream!

Mike said...

That's odd. They're still advertising it on the Canadian website. Perhaps it's a Seasonal offering.