Saturday, May 09, 2009

Endangered Species Dark Chocolate with Rasbperries


Like all of Endangered Species chocolate bars, each has a theme, and the theme for this bar is the Grizzly Bear. Grizzly bears are just one example of an animal that is declining in numbers due to human encroachment on their territories.

This is a dark chocolate bar, with 72% cacao content. Its ingredient listing is good, chocolate liquor, unbleached water-filtered beet sugar, cocoa butter, soy lecithin, vanilla and dried raspberries (raspberries and coconut oil).



How did it taste? The chocolate was smooth and good tasting, it snapped well and smelled good, but the raspberry flavour was hit and miss, some pieces seemed to have more of the raspberry fruit and flavour (and my beautiful Bride did not get that it was raspberry, I had to tell her). Because of the raspberry fruit, I did not melt this in my mouth, rather I chewed it, but I think that the dark chocolate would have melted well. I have bought this before, and enjoyed it, and will likely again.

No comments: