Sunday, November 30, 2008

Von Geusau Chocolates Star Anise Dark


I had never heard of the South African chocolatier, Von Geusau; too this is my first South African chocolate bar, and the first I've seen with the flavour of star anise. The ingredient listing looks good, there is no indication of the cacao content, though they use Belgian chocolate; cocoa mass, sugar, cocoa butter, soy lecithin and star anise. This too is an unusual bar, in that it is 110 g, most bars I've seen are 100 g. I did see some of their other offerings, this one was the most unusual.



How does it taste? The star anise flavour is there, but fairly subtle (and on the other hand, not overpowering). The chocolate is smooth, but I don't think the flavour combination is to my tastes. This too is an expensive bar, at $5-7.

No comments: