Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Valor Dark Chocolate with Banana


My absolute favourite combination for a chocolate fondue is banana, thus I was excited to see this chocolate bar by the Spanish chocolatier Chocolates Valor, S.A. (I've always thought someone should make one). Too, this is a dark chocolate bar; at 70% cacao content, a very dark one (even better - dark chocolate with banana). The ingredient listing looks good, chocolate processed with alkali, sugar, cocoa, cocoa butter, fructose, banana pulp, natural flavour, soy lecithin and citric acid.



How does it taste? Did I set myself up for too much of a disappointment. It certainly smells good, opening the package, looks very dark and snaps well. And the early indications are, that my beautiful Bride enjoyed it when she ate it earlier in the day. So, it does taste good, the chocolate though is perhaps a little too bitter for the combination of banana and chocolate, or perhaps there needed to be more banana (in a fondue, it's banana with a chocolate coating that makes it good). Overall, good but not great. I think I would buy this bar again.

No comments: