Saturday, October 25, 2008

Lindt Lindor Hazelnut


I've eaten these in truffle and egg format, now this is in square format, so it's still good. I had never really read the ingredient listing, I see now, and I guess in the back of my mind I thought it wasn't so good, that it has a lot of not-so-good ingredients; the listing goes sugar, cocoa butter, milk ingredients (it's a milk chocolate coating), coconut oil (actually a good oil, though mostly maligned), cocoa mass, hazelnuts (as very small pieces), palm kernel oil, lactose, palm oil, soya lecithin, barley malt extract and artificial flavour. There is no indication of the cacao content or origin. I like the funky design on each square, looks like a dragon to me, a stylized version of the Lindt Dragon logo.



How do they taste? Well, these particular ones were a little past due on the expiry date, but still good. I like the hazelnut flavour, and the slight crunch the small pieces of hazelnut give. It would be better that it were more hazelnut within, and it were dark rather than milk chocolate.

No comments: