Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Fruit King Freezed-dried Bananas


The idea of freeze-dried anything intrigued me as a teenager, going to the Space Center in Houston, there was freeze-dried ice cream for sale, similar to what astronauts had eaten on their missions, but I remember being somewhat disappointed at the flavour and mouth-feel of the ice cream. The appeal of ice cream is in its creaminess, melting on the mouth, which is hard to achieve when freeze-dried, that block of what I remember as being strawberry ice cream just sort of crumbled. I have had other freeze-dried products, more notably, recently, also from Thailand's Sunshine International Co., Ltd's, their Fruit King Freeze-dried Durian; this is another, and I think more superior, of their products. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the durian, though it is a little disconcerting eating dry durian, fruit will always be better in whole natural form.



The dried bananas taste much better, though, very much better than the crispy banana slices I dislike, these were definitely bananas, and, other than being dry, were like eating a banana. Too, they smelled just like a normal banana. The bananas they use they call scent bananas, it is the one we normally find here in North America for sale.

No comments: