Sunday, January 13, 2008

Pan-fried Balsamic Chicken


This is yet another recipe I found in one of the always interesting Donna Hay magazines, I adapted it to how I would like to have it, this time I had some fried rice with vegetables and tofu prepared earlier by my beautiful Bride. Being alone for lunch on a Saturday, I wanted to add some extra protein, and immediately thought of this recipe. The chicken comes out sweet and a little sour, very interesting flavour, and easy to make. This recipe might work with pork as well.

Pan-fried Balsamic Chicken
Adapted from a recipe from Donna Hay
3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 Tbsp olive oil
cracked black pepper
6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs

Slice the chicken thighs into bite-size pieces.

Combine the balsamic vinegar, garlic, oil and pepper and pour over the chicken thighs. Allow to marinate for 5 minutes.

Pan-fry the chicken in a large non-stick frying pan for 4-5 minutes, or until cooked through.

No comments: