Thursday, January 31, 2008

Amatller Extra Fine Dark Chocolate


The second of the several chocolate bars of the longtime, since 1797, Spanish chocolatier Chocolate Simon Coll, S.A. is labelled as Extra Fine Chocolate, with a cacao content of 70%, though there is no indication of the origin of the cacao beans. The ingredient listing is short, just cocoa mass, sugar, soya lecithin and vanillin. The chocolate is wrapped in gold foil inside.



How does it taste? Again, like the Ghana chocolate bar from Amatller I tried earlier, I was struck by how fruity it smelled upon opening the wrapping. The chocolate snapped fairly well. Chewing on it, it did not taste chalky. It did not melt so smoothly in my mouth. Overall, I liked this one better than the previous one, a better than medium chocolate, one I would put on my list of "buy if I can find it and it's not so expensive" chocolate bars.

No comments: