Sunday, January 20, 2008

Do Matcha Green Tea


Another Christmas present I received, from my sister and brother-in-law, who know I like tea, and like green teas, is Japanese Do Matcha green tea. I don't have quite the proper tools to make authentic Matcha green tea, no whisk certainly, but you can make it using normal spoon and cup. Just mix 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp (depending on how strong you want it) with a small bit of hot water to make a paste, then add hot water to fill the cup, or as desired. Matcha green tea has a definite different flavour from Chinese green tea, for one the grinding of the leaves imparts a different flavour than whole leaf teas, also, the tea is a slightly different variety, grown in Japanese soil and weather (this one comes from Kyoto). This tea tastes pretty good, another good one to add to my already large rotation.

No comments: