Sunday, December 02, 2007

Terra Nostra Organic Double Dark Truffle


I found this chocolate bar in, of all places, Zellers, and was pleasantly surprised to find out that this Organic Chocolatier is Canadian. Terra Nostra is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, with manufacturing facilities in Europe, the U.S. and Canada. I honestly had never heard of them before picking up a couple of their offerings, but apparently, they outsell all other Organic chocolate in the United States. They've also been in the chocolatiering business for several generations, five at least. I like how they give you specific information about how the chocolate is manufactured, for this bar, the cacao content is 60%, it was conched for 22 hours (to make it smooth and to reduce the size of the granules, to less than 30 microns), and the cacao is a blend of Criollo and Forrastero varietals. Too, like a good wine, they suggest pairing this with port or espresso or Merlot red wine. The ingredients, all Organic, look good, just dark chocolate, made from cocoa mass, sugar and cocoa butter, and expeller pressed canola and/or sunflower and/or safflower oil (which is what makes the truffle part, I would say). They also add chocolate magic!



How does it taste? Pretty good, my beautiful Bride really thought it was great, I think I would buy this again.

No comments: