Saturday, August 05, 2006

Two interesting Chocolate bars


I came across these two chocolate bars made by the company Tschibo in Germany, known more for their fine coffees, so I was intrigued by the type of cocoa the two were made from, I knew I had to try them. I had heard about cocoa from Venezuela, that it is supposed to be some of the best in the world, so I was pleased to see that one of them was made from cocoa from the San Vincente region in Venezuela, and that I could try some finally. The San Vincente chocolate bar contains 42% cocoa, so it's definitely a milk chocolate, for those who prefer dark chocolate, like me, and it's described as Full-Cream Milk. The packaging on the back talks about the cocoa from the San Vincente region, A gift of nature, nurtured in the best plantations of northern Venezuela's San Vincente region: premium cocoa made for sheer milk chocolate indulgence.And indulgence it is, it is definitely creamy and quite tasty, melting in your mouth easily like a good chocolate should. I wonder if the San Vincente region is located within the Andes, the mountains that travel the length of South America, and separate Venezuela from Colombia. I have not read or heard much about cocoa from Santo Domingo, an island in the Caribbean, and can only go with what it says on the back of the packaging, Bursting with the natural riches of the Caribbean, ripened on the island of Hispaniola in the sheltered southern valleys of the Carenero region: sheer dark chocolate indulgence from superb quality cocoa.This chocolate bar has 54% cocoa, and also has coffee-crisp in it. I like the greater amount of cocoa in this bar. I found both of these bars in Shopper's Drugmart, odd, they seem to be branching out, I saw too some chocolate from France and Switzerland that I will try out to.

No comments: