Saturday, October 31, 2009

IKEA Food Choklad Nöt - Hazelnut Chocolate


I had seen these chocolate bars in IKEA before (they have Milk Chocolate, Hazelnut Chocolate and Dark Chocolate), they appeared, I believe, in the last year or so, but it was only in the last month that I decided to finally try them. If you find it odd that a Swedish furniture store has food items, I would say that their restaurant is a prime feature of the IKEA experience; we ate there as well and enjoyed what we got. I chose this Hazelnut Chocolate bar despite it being milk chocolate (which I avoid), obviously because of the hazelnuts. The ingredient listing is typical for a milk chocolate bar, sugar, cocoa butter, hazelnuts (12%), whole milk powder, cocoa mass, sweet whey powder, lactose, skim milk powder, butterfat, soy lecithin and flavouring. The cacao content is at 30%. This is German made for IKEA, and I like that it has it's own IKEA number (as you'd see on the furniture).



How did it taste? Actually, I was pleasantly surprised that I liked this bar. Don't get me wrong, I'm not about to give up my dark chocolate for this, but the relatively high percentage of hazelnuts more than compensated for the milk chocolate flavour; in other words, the hazelnut flavour was strong and good (though not whole hazelnuts, they were pretty large pieces). I might just buy this again the odd time, especially for the $1 it cost me.

No comments: