Sunday, July 08, 2007

Vivani Organic Dark Chocolate with Green Tea


I came across this new vegan store in Kitchener the other week, it has lots of interesting products, and I came across this German company, Vivani, which has several Organic chocolate products. The range of products sold in Germany is much more extensive than those sold in North America, but there are some interesting chocolate bars, including this one, made with 70% cacao content, and flavoured with real matcha green tea powder. The ingredient listing looks good, cocoa mass, raw cane sugar, cocoa butter, cocoa powder and green tea, all certified Organic under German laws. I always think that cane sugar leaves an odd taste in my mouth, but I didn't find this one to have that, though it could be that I was rather tasting the oddness of the matcha green tea, an unusual combination that I had not tried before. I'm still not quite sure that I like the flavour. My beautiful Thai friend told me that she didn't really taste the green tea; I definitely did. I don't know that I would buy this chocolate bar again.

No comments: