Sunday, July 29, 2007

Tastes of Thailand Festival

Also on that Saturday downtown Toronto at Nathan Phillips Square was the Tastes of Thailand Festival. Unfortunately, an unwanted visitor to this festival was the rain that came down in the afternoon, spoiling most everyone's afternoon. There were quite a few brave people wandering around, looking at the many booths from Thai restaurants and stores with samples. There were also crafts and Thai DVDs for sale. And a booth that detailed the King of Thailand's upcoming 80th Birthday. One of the interesting booths showcased this Thai lady who intricately carved fruits and vegetables. Here are some pictures.




1 comment:

CosmicSurfer said...

Mike, these are great photos from the Tastes of Thailand (http://filbertsandchocolate.blogspot.com/2007_07_01_archive.html)

I'd like to Email you about them, but I can't find any Email link on your Blog... I hope you see this and send me an email back - The_CosmicSurfer-at-Hotmail.com

I live in Bangkok with my Thai wife, and we plan to move to Toronto soon. Please email me and I'll explain more.

Thanks,
Allan