Saturday, July 14, 2007

Kinder Bueno


This chocolate bar, made by Kinder known more for their egg-shaped chocolate Kinder Surprise with a toy within, I did not like for several reasons. Despite the sexy commercial with the romance novel, I do not find these bars sexy, or even tasty. Too, I do not like the fact that upon opening the outer wrapper, each of the two bars is again wrapped with clear plastic, there is already too much waste packaging filling the garbage dumps now. As I have implied, I did not like the taste of these bars either, they tasted less like hazelnut and more like white chocolate, more milk than hazelnut. The ingredient listing is far too long, milk chocolate (made of sugar, cocoa butter, cocoa mass, skim milk powder, anhydrous milk fat (that sounds appetizing!), soy lecithin and vanillin), sugar, modified palm oil, wheat flour, hazelnuts, skim milk powder, dark chocolate (made of sugar, cocoa mass, cocoa butter, soy lecithin and vanillin), cocoa powder, soy lecithin, sodium bicarbonate, salt, vanillin and ammonium carbonate. Whew, that was a long list! I will wrap this up by saying that I highly doubt I would ever buy this bar again.

No comments: