Friday, May 11, 2007

Villars Chocolat Noir


I must say, I was pleasantly surprised by this chocolate bar, seeing as it is made in Switzerland, known more for milk chocolates, like Toblerone. The 72% cacoa content dark chocolate bar has a good ingredient listing, cocoa beans, sugar, cocoa butter, soy lecithin, vanilla flavour and artificial flavour. The company is over a century old, they started in 1901, and perhaps they have been doing something with that time, perfecting their way of making chocolate. If the packaging is correct, their using quality ingredients and good methods will bring a superior bar. The bar snapped fairly well, smelled really good, and tasted quite good, better than a lot of bars I've recently tasted, that cost much more. I would definitely sample this one again. I definitely like the cute flower on each piece!

No comments: