Friday, May 11, 2007

Hershey's Special Dark


Now I know I have said that I don't like Hershey's chocolate much or at all, though I wrote that before I heard the news that Hershey and Barry Callebaut announcing that they were collaborating on chocolate products, 80,000 tonnes worth of chocolate and chocolate products initially going to Hershey's, and I know that such products are down the road, probably far down the road, and couldn't possibly affect this particular bar, but I reasoned that perhaps this trend to produce better chocolate, Callebaut provides excellent chocolate for a large number of well-known companies, had already begun, and that it had affected this particular bar, so that it would at least taste reasonable, and not like chocolate-flavoured milk. The bar itself contains 50% cacao content, a good step in the right direction, and its ingredient listing is fairly good, just sugar (remember, it's only 50% cacao), unsweetened chocolate, cocoa butter, cocoa powder, milk ingredients, soy lecithin and artificial flavour (I'm hoping vanilla). It's a straight dark chocolate bar, and it tastes fairly good, passable, better than any other Hershey bar I've had in a long while.

No comments: