Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Chicken with Ginger and Corn


Very similar to the Ginger Chicken Bacon I made earlier, this added several new ingredients. First of all was green onions; as well baby corn. I first cut up into medium chunks two green onions, separating the white and stalk from the green bits on the top. I then cut up a 3" piece of ginger into thin slices, and cut those in half. To the green bits of the green onion, I added five garlic cloves. I heated some oil in a wok on medium high heat, until the oil was hot. I added the ginger and white part of the green onion, and sauteed for a couple of minutes. To this I added six chicken thighs, sliced into bite-sized chunks. I stir-fried the chicken, until it was near cooked through. I then added the green part of the green onions, the garlic cloves and a whole can of baby corn, first draining the water. To this I added a teaspoonful of sugar and a splash or two of rice wine vinegar. I cooked this for about five minutes more, covering the wok, until the chicken was cooked, and everything was heated through. Quite tasty.

No comments: