Saturday, January 01, 2011

Cocoa Camino Panama Extra Dark


I picked this up along with their Chili & Spice. I was intrigued by the cacao content, 85%, though I didn’t hold much hope out for it being really good because of the high cacao content, and that the beans came from Panama, a country of origin whose beans I’m not that familiar with. The ingredient listing is good, cocoa mass, golden cane sugar, oocoa butter, whole cane sugar and ground vanilla beans. All the ingredients are Fair Trade.



How does it taste? Because of the high cacao content, 85%, it tasted to me a little chalky; not really surprised by that, 70% cacao content seems to work very well. The chocolate itself was okay in taste, nothing spectacular, and didn’t leave me wanting to try more beans from Panama. I don't think that I will buy this bar again.

No comments: