Sunday, January 18, 2009

Godiva Chocolatier Sao Tomé Dark Chocolate with Cacao Nibs


My sister and I, independently and unaware of the other's purchase, bought this Godiva Chocolatier bar; she came to try it first, and recommended it to me. There's a Godiva store at Square One in Mississauga, but I've never really bought anything from them, I found them to be too expensive for what they offered. This bar, featuring cacao beans from the island of Sao Tomé off the western coast of Africa (I've had other bars with beans from this island), has a cacao content of 75%, and also features cacao nibs. The ingredient listing is good, chocolate liquor, sugar, soya lecithin and cacao nibs.



How does it taste? Not bad, there is a good espresso kind of dark chocolate flavour, the cacao nibs give it a good crunch. My sister liked it, recommended it, my beautiful Bride enjoyed it as well, but I don't know that I would buy this bar again.

No comments: