Thursday, January 01, 2009

Chocolove Raspberries in Dark Chocolate


I had previously tasted one of Boulder Colorado's Chocolove's chocolate bars, a 65% Rich Dark Chocolate and liked it, this now is a dark chocolate bar, at 55% cacao content, Belgian chocolate made from African cacao beans, with raspberries. The ingredient listing looks good, cocoa liquor, sugar, cocoa butter, soy lecithin, vanilla and freeze-dried raspberries.



How does it taste? Pretty good, I've had chocolate with raspberries before, this is a smooth dark chocolate, that snaps well (is tempered well), the only thing that I don't like about these bars, is that they have small crunchy raspberry seeds that get between your teeth (and I suppose for a normal raspberry eating experience). I would buy this bar again, and hope to taste more of their products.

1 comment:

Sadie said...

I have tried this brand and was lured by the packaging and label. But I didn't like it very much, too bitter for me.

Do you have Trader Joe's in your area? They have good chocolates. Many from Belgium that are very good and not very expensive either.