Monday, February 11, 2008

New Tree Vigor


The second of the chocolate bars from the Belgian chocolatier New Tree is made mostly from Fine Belgian Dark Chocolate, at 73% cacao content, and is labelled Vigor, and subtitled Energizing. The ingredient listing looks good, unsweetened chocolate, sugar, cocoa butter, cocoa powder, coffee (2%), guarana extract and soy lecithin as an emulsifier. Guarana extract is used in South America as a source of caffeine in soft drinks, I would say to make this bar Energizing.



How does it taste? Does it live up to its name, Vigor, Energizing. The coffee taste was fairly subtle, and I don't think were was a big caffeine kick from. I don't think that I like this bar, it was not quite good chocolate or a good flavour, and I would say that it is expensive ($7 on sale for $5).

No comments: