Monday, February 11, 2008

New Tree Pleasure


The third of the chocolate bars from the Belgian chocolatier New Tree is made solely from Fine Belgian Dark Chocolate, at 73% cacao content, and is labelled Pleasure, and subtitled Indulgence. The ingredient listing looks good, unsweetened chocolate, sugar, cocoa butter, cocoa powder and soy lecithin as an emulsifier. I don't know whether chocolate bars are normally like this, but the bar is advertised as being rich in fiber, minerals and vitamins. I didn't know that this is an issue yet with cacao, but it is also GMO-free, for those who are concerned about that.



How does it taste? Does it live up to its name, Pleasure, Indulgence. Certainly it is good chocolate, it snaps well, smells fruity (high cacao content normally does) and melts in the mouth well, with a good taste. I think that I like this bar, simple dark chocolate, but I would say that it is expensive ($7 on sale for $5).

No comments: