Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Edelweiss Milk Chocolate with Chopped Hazelnuts


The next chocolate bar I tried is from Switzerland, or at least I would say so, given its name, Edelweiss, the packaging only says it comes from Europe. This bar is milk chocolate. Hazelnut with milk chocolate is a good combination, as long as the chocolate is good tasting. The hazelnuts are small pieces, not as good as whole hazelnuts are. Its ingredient listing is fairly good, in that it is short, just sugar, cocoa butter, cocoa mass, hazelnuts, whole milk powder, with soya lecithin as an emulsifier, and vanillin (both of these last two which I don't like, vanillin being artificial vanilla - is it there to cover up bad cacao beans?). This is a cheap chocolate bar, only one dollar. I would say that I would give this one another try.

No comments: