Friday, February 09, 2007

Bacon-Egg Sandwich


This is bacon and eggs the way I like it, the eggs cooked 'hard'; I don't like sunny side-up style eggs, really I don't like eggs runny at all, a preference I share with my Dad, who has always asked for his eggs 'turned over hard, break the yolk'. This wouldn't be bad either, if you put a little cheese or chopped tomatoes on top, before you folded it. Bacon is normally fairly salty, so add only a little salt to the eggs.

Bacon-Egg Sandwich
3-4 slices bacon
3 eggs
sea salt, to taste
fresh ground pepper, to taste
2 slices toasted rye bread

Whisk three eggs, adding salt and pepper. Add bacon to cold frying pan and fry on medium heat until nearly done. Add eggs to pan, spreading out eggs into thin layer. Flip over when eggs are cooked through on bottom. Cook till eggs are stiff. Fold over, then fold again. Put between two slices of toasted rye bread. Enjoy.

No comments: