Friday, February 17, 2006

Tea Chocolate


I bought this once last year from this West Indies store near where I live, the package says it's from Jamaica, and I was in the store again looking for some spices, and decided to pick it up again and give it another try. Normally, I prefer chocolate to drink made with milk, but many areas use water to make it, especially in South and Central America. The chocolate tasted pretty good, though too watery for my tastes. The chocolate ball is kind of severely compacted cocoa nibs, quite heavy too. Definitely not for every one's tastes, but do try it if you are a chocoholic and foodie, like I am.

Tea Chocolate
3 cups water
1 chocolate ball
1/2 cinnamon leaf (optional)
1/2 cinnamon stick (optional)

Bring the ingredients to a boil and simmer for half an hour. Strain, add milk and dash of nutmeg. Sweeten to taste.

No comments: