Thursday, February 09, 2006

Chocolate Hazelnut Sandies

Chocolate and hazelnut, this recipe is bound to be good! I adapted this from a recipe I found in an issue of Martha Stewart Living. It originally had 2/3 cup of pecan halves, but I like hazelnuts much better, and I had no pecans. I also forgot to add the vanilla, but I'm sure they turned out fine, they certainly were fragrant. I think I'll keep this myself, rather than bring the majority in to work like I normally do.

Chocolate Hazelnut Sandies
Adapted from a Martha Stewart recipe
3/4 cup hazelnuts
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
1/3 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350F. Process pecans, flour, cocoa, and salt in a food processor until finely ground, about 30 seconds.

Put butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix on medium-high until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Mix in vanilla. Reduce speed to medium low; gradually add flour mixture until just combined.

Lightly flour palms, and roll dough into 1-inch balls. Space 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment. Bake until firm and fragrant, about 16 minutes.

No comments: