Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Roshen Extra Black Chocolate


This Ukrainian chocolate bar from Roshen, making chocolate since 1996, is labelled extra black chocolate, I guess for Ukrainian chocolate it is extra black, or extra dark; at 56% cacao content, it does not touch most of the superior chocolate bars. Again, though, this is a cheap chocolate bar, with fairly good ingredients, sugar, cocoa liquor, cocoa butter, cocoa powder, lecithin and vanilla flavouring.



How does it taste? Very fruity, even too fruity, the chocolate was fairly good, but not great. I don't know that I would buy this again.

Too, I talked to a lady from the Ukraine who won't buy Ukrainian goods, mostly because of the problems with Chernobyl (and the radiation issue), rather she prefers Russian, or Belgian. I would say that the chocolate comes from outside the Ukraine, as most chocolatiers do, but perhaps the other ingredients come from local sources and thus potentially may be affected.

No comments: