Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Alpen Gold Nussbeisser Milk


This is the milk version of the whole hazelnut bars made by Kraft Foods in Poland, the Dark I reviewed earlier. Like the other I like how it contains whole hazelnuts, though I am more of a fan of dark chocolate with hazelnuts than the more traditional pairing of milk chocolate and hazelnut. As a milk chocolate, there is definitely less cacao (25% cacao content), and the ingredient listing lists sugar first, followed by hazelnuts, whole milk powder, powdered cream, cocoa butter, cocoa mass, powdered whey, lactose, vegetable oil, butterfat, soya lecithin as an emulsifier and vanillin.



How does it taste? Not as good as the Dark version, but not bad for a cheap chocolate bar, good whole hazelnuts. I think I might buy this bar again, but only if the Dark version were not available.

No comments: